Few professions are as complex and constantly changing as the construction profession. Every day is a new challenge. On large projects, keeping track of the constant changes in construction data is a full-time job.
Modern technology has simplified some aspects of our work and complicated others. Software like BIM 360 Docs, Design, Build, Glue, and others can make it easy to access what you need and to interact with project data in a valuable way.
But until now, there was no seamless way to view all of a project’s actionable data in a simple, personalized, unified view. BIM 360 Project Home changes that, and our users are raving about it.
What Is BIM 360 Project Home?
Project Home is a new way of interacting with BIM 360 that gives customers a single view into their entire project, with access to important, relevant, and actionable information from across BIM 360 and even some 3rd party services. It provides a unified experience with at-a-glance insights about the entire project, all in one place. This allows you to quickly evaluate areas that require attention for you and your team.
The Features of Project Home
Project Home gives every project member access to a landing page that provides a unified view of the actionable information about the project that is relevant to them. The information on the landing page is:
- Unified and data-centric. It pulls information from all linked BIM 360 applications.
- User-specific. It displays only information that is relevant and accessible to each user based on their user permissions.
- Actionable. It displays actionable information specific to users that they can drill deeper into.
- Seamless. The home page becomes the user’s default landing page and is also accessible directly from within the project module picker. Users can access information inside each application from the homepage and navigate directly to it.
- Personalized. The Card Library allows users to pick and choose cards to have on their homepage. Users can also interactively drag and drop cards to rearrange this page.
What It’s Like to Use Project Home
Construction teams using Project Home rave about all of the benefits. It makes it easy to see at a glance what the day’s priorities are, and to make decisions about the work that must be done. The benefits include greater efficiency, fewer headaches, and fewer mistakes.
Project Home gives users a snapshot of relevant information based on roles, access levels, and permissions. The page presents only information relevant to the particular user, and prioritizes information according to what requires attention that day.
Project team members can expand individual cards to see more information, then link directly to any documents, checklists, or other items to respond, communicate, and manipulate. Project members can see items that are assigned to them. Whereas Project Admins can see items that need their attention as well as items that are outstanding from a project perspective.
Each member can easily rearrange their Project Home page into any layout and with the recent release of the Card Library, they can hide or add selected cards that they have access to. Users can choose from a wide selection of cards including:
- A map of the location of the project
- Current and forecasted weather conditions on site
- Field Issues
- Checklists Status
- Outstanding RFIs
- Document Issues
- Design Packages
The Card library supports the customization of Project Home, as well as selected dashboards within the Insights module, by presenting a growing number of cards that each member can bring into their Project Home page and dashboards to give them a comprehensive and personalized project overview.
Benefits of Personalized Project Home:
- Each user gets a personalized to-do list of their prioritized issues, checklists, and RFIs that are assigned to them
- Project leaders can see their own issues, checklists, RFIs or see a project level view
- Customization lets each user prioritize dashboard views with the ability to easily rearrange, add or hide cards via drag and drop
We continue to listen to users, to learn what features and functions will make your lives easier and more productive, and we’ll always work to add the features you most want.